WordPress Plugin: WordPress Code Snippet

== Description ==

This plugin will allow you to add code snippets to your pages/posts. This is great for code tutorial sites.

== Installation ==

1. Download the plugin, extract and upload it to your plugins folder on your server.

2. Activate the plugin.

3. Add or Edit a page.

4. Select the code language.

5. Enter your code in the text box.

6. Publish or Save the page/post.

24 thoughts on “WordPress Plugin: WordPress Code Snippet

1. allen brunson says:

well, i can’t figure it out. the instructions are very sparse.

“select the code language?” where do you do that? i don’t see any new controls in my wordpress interface, even though it says your plugin is activated.

2. allen brunson says:

okay, i got a little farther. i see that your plugin adds a box at the bottom to type code into.

but apparently you can only have one code snippet per post? and it has to be at the very bottom? i don’t know about anybody else, but that’s completely unacceptable to me. i’ll have to find something else.

3. MsMoneyGirl.net says:

I’m back. Just applied it for the first time putting both of my codes in the one snippet.
    When it comes to as “something else” (like a wp-plugin), this is it, I’ve looked.

Thanks Allan, and very nice. I look forward to writing a review and/or any future developments.

4. LaMs says:

I have the same problem of “MsMoneyGirl.net”, the code is duplicate. This I think have happened when I tried to add a new code_editor field. I tried everything and even delete and recreate the post and got same problem. Any Idea on how I could change that ?
    I really like the look of it and would like to keep it.

5. Jon says:

Nicely written plugin.
    It’s a shame it isn’t a bit more versatile though.

It would be great if you could add multiple sets of code and control where the code was displayed in the post. I won’t be able to use this plugin unless these two things are added. I still think the work you did provide is great code though 😛

Any thoughts about further development?

6. Nico says:

Hello,
    Just to say thank you for this plugin.
    I want too the great feature to add multiple code !!!!!!!!!!

7. Javier Isassi says:

Great Plugin! Thank you. One problem (yeah, I know), after 3 successful postings now in new postings the code snippet appears twice. Can find a way around it. Other than that, kudos!

8. name says:

i am realy waiting for more than one code snippet inside article.

why don’t you just hook the

9. Allan Collins says:

I have heard your requests regarding more than one snippet area within the post content.

Please stay patient as I work on the next update for this plugin.

10. Krystal says:

I just downloaded your plugin. I made a post about it at my blog. http://essencious.org/?p=125

I’m been looking for a code snippet like your for a long time.

I’m looking forward to your next release with the ability to place the code anywhere on the page.

Great work Allan ~

11. Michael Merrell says:

Spent a decent amount of time looking for a good plugin that would allow me to add code to my WordPress blog.
    This looks great, can’t wait for the next release.

12. enad says:

im getting an error when trying to activate it: This plugin does not have a valid header

im using wordpress 3.0

thanks

13. sam says:

Hi Allan !

I’ve been using your plugin for quite sometimes.I really like it as demonstrated here http://madupakhaji.com/2010/06/customizing-read-more-tag/ but it appears 1).underneath the WPPost area 2)twice.Why is it so? Anyhow, your plugin deserves much attention and keep up your good work ,am waiting for the next release.Best of wishes.Regards..

Sam.

14. sam says:

Hi Allan, it’s me again, I’m sorry that I forgot to mention if the link is clicked, the code snippet will appear only once.For which I mention earlier that it appears twice when just viewing the excerpt of the post from the home page.

Comments are closed.