Feed Subscriber Stats 2.2

UPDATE: This version of Feed Subscriber Stats is no longer being supported.
Version 3 is now available.

This plugin will show the number of subscribers according to FeedBurner/Google.

== Description ==

Ever wanted to see your FeedBurner stats on the WordPress Dashboard? Well now you can with this simple plugin. The plugin uses FeedBurner’s Awareness API to get your feed subscriber stats directly from FeedBurner. So now you can easily check your subscriber stats from the WordPress Administration section.

-Added widget functionality for dynamic sidebars.
-Added function to display number of subscribers (where ever you wish).
-Backwards Compatibility to old FeedBurner for those who have not switched yet.
-Added compatibility to for WordPress 2.5.1 and up.
Works only with servers with cURL.

== Installation ==

1. Download the plugin, extract and upload it to your plugins folder on your server.

2. Activate the plugin.

3. Go to your WordPress Dashboard.

4. It will tell you “Feed Not Found”. Hit the “Edit” link and enter your FeedBurner information and hit “Update”.

Make sure that the Awareness API is activated on your FeedBurner Account. You can do this by logging in to your FeedBurner/Google account, click on “Publicize”,. Then click “Awareness API” and Activate it.

Theme Function:

<?php if (functionexists(‘fsssubscribers’)) { fss_subscribers(); } ?>

The above code will show the subscriber count only.

Sidebar Widget:

If you have a widget ready dynamic sidebar, you can add the FSS Widget.

Add this code [fss_subscribers] to view the subscriber count.

You can customize how this looks for example:

There are [fss_subscribers] subscribers to this blog.

WILL DISPLAY:

There are 20 subscribers to this blog.

INSTRUCTIONS:

step1

step2step3

38 thoughts on “Feed Subscriber Stats 2.2

1. Allan Collins says:

@baron & @Fernanda Gomez – You’re welcome, I am glad you like it. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

1. MsMoneyGirl.net says:

Thank you again Allan, you are great.

Just 1 question, What should I check for on this?
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_add_dashboard_widget() in /wp-content/plugins/feed-subscriber-stats/feedsubstats.php on line 183

2. Melissa says:

My feed URL is not “feeds2”, it is a “http://feeds.feedburner.com/” URL — yet it appears this plugin only gives me the option to enter feed details for a “http://feeds2.feedburner.com/” URL.

Are there any plans to make this work with “feeds” URLs as well?

3. Willard says:

“It will tell you “Feed Not Found”
    I didn’t get this error, and no results show. But that could be explained by:

“Hit the “Edit” link and enter your FeedBurner information and hit “Update”.”
    Where to enter FeedBurner info? It’s not obvious (to me) what string should be replaced or added…

Thanks.
    (wp 2.7.1)

4. Willard says:

“feed://feeds2.feedburner.com/theangelsoundclash/mtdF” thanks for checking it.

5. Allan Collins says:

@Willard – If you enter “theangelsoundclash/mtdF” (without the quotes) into Feed Subscriber Stats, it shows that you have two subscribers.

6. Willard says:

That could well be so, but for a novice, your explanations are still unclear. Feed Subscriber stats is listed in the dashboard, but doesn’t open to reveal stats or entry options per your jpeg above. So I refer you back to my original question regarding installation/activation, which I don’t think completed… Where to enter the FeedBurner URL? “…enter your FeedBurner information and hit “Update”.” Thanks!!

7. Allan Collins says:

@Willard – I have supplied some images (above) that show you how to update the feedburner URL…

8. Willard says:

I don’t get that dialog box that you’ve illustrated. I’ll reinstall the plug-in and see if that clears it up. Thanks.

9. Allan Collins says:

@MsMoneyGirl.net – It seems that both you and @Willard are having similar issues.

The issue is related to PHP version and PHP extensions installed. The plugin uses the SimpleXML and the domXML extensions.

Since this is a growing problem, I will strive to find a decent solution for this issue.

10. Willard says:

@Allan Collins – Cool, looking forward to it.

11. Allan Collins says:

Thanks to @Willard for testing out version 2.1.

The plugin works without SimpleXML or domXML PHP extensions.

Enjoy!

12. Allan Collins says:

Since you have asked for it, I did it again.

I have made this plugin compatible with older versions of WordPress (2.5.1 and up).

13. Samuel says:

This plugin can be used to show the number of subscribers in my blog? I mean in the main page of my blog?

1. Allan Collins says:

@Samuel – Where else would you like it? FYI – FeedBurner/Google has images that display the number of subscribers that you can post any where…

14. Allan Collins says:

@Samuel – New features added, such as the option to have a sidebar widget and the option to have a function you can add to anywhere in your theme.

15. Will says:

hum ok… i’m sorry i forgot to activate the awareness API 🙂

yet it says “0 Subscribers” while there are 3, why ?

1. Allan Collins says:

@Will – I’m showing 3 on my end for your subscription rate. Let me know if the plugin continues to be at zero.

16. Will says:

at least i may win the “most commenter” prize :p

you are right, after a while (i went back an hour later), the count was ok.

Thanks for your reply !

17. Sheamus says:

Hi

I’ve been using this plugin for a while but it hasn’t updated above zero the last couple of days, even though I have 200+ subscribers.

Indeed, my sub count tripled over the Easter weekend (thanks to traffic regarding a fix to the Twitter worms) and I wonder if either that – or a change to something on Google’s end – has stopped it updating.

I’ve checked the Feedburner address and it’s fine.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Sheamus

18. Vincent Simon says:

Loved the plugin..until I updated to 3.0.5
    Now I can not active the plugin, I get this error:
    Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Help

19. Jonathan says:

I’m having the same issue others have reported with my subscriber count reporting 0 subscribers. A few weeks ago it showed 18 or 19 subscribers. I haven’t touched anything since then so I’m curious what may have caused this. I tested my feed which works fine. And all of my plugins are up to date (Feed Subscriber Stats 3.0.6 and WordPress 2.8).

1. Allan Collins says:

Hi @Jonathan, You may have to go to your Feed Stats->Settings page, verify your information, then hit “Submit”.

20. Jonathan says:

@Allan Thanks! I must have done that yesterday. Now I see my subscribers. Is this maybe something I need to do each time I update the plugin?

1. Allan Collins says:

@Jonathan – You shouldn’t have to from now on. Version 3 of the plugin was a complete code overhaul.

Comments are closed.