Feed Subscriber Stats 3

Feed Subscriber Stats was originally developed to simply display the number of RSS feed subscribers on your WordPress Dashboard.  Version 3 expands the plugin further with new exciting features. So what’s new?

Graphing

The major improvement of version 3 adds an archiving feature.  With this feature you can view the number of subscribers and hits from as far back as January 1, 2008.  This data is then plotted on a graph which will allow you to view yearly trends and subscriber fluctuations.

graph

Support for WP 2.7 and up ONLY!

I have made it a point to not support versions of WordPress older than 2.7. I understand that this may be harsh for some, but it’s not logical to be supporting outdated software.

Support for PHP 5 and up ONLY!

PHP 5 was released in 2004! I think it’s about time we stop supporting older versions of PHP, frankly because there isn’t any more support for PHP 4 anymore, which opens the doors for security risks.

Bug Reporting

Do you have an issue with this plugin?
Are you running WordPress 2.7 or higher?
Does your server run PHP 5?
Do you have the Feedburner Awareness API activated?

If you answered YES to all three questions, please post a comment below explaining your issue.

If you don’t have an issue and you are happy with the plugin, let me know by commenting below.

22 thoughts on “Feed Subscriber Stats 3

1. Allan Collins says:

@Alexander – I am showing you at 11 subscribers. Re-enter your feedburner information on the settings page and click “Submit”.

1. Daniel McShane says:

Hi Allan,

Installed the plugin today. Stats header reads:
    Hits for 2009-07-19: 0

Yet today is the 21st. Feedburner tells me I have 5 subs.

I’m using WordPress 2.8.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Allan Collins says:

@Daniel – The reason behind this is because FeedBurner likes to say that you have zero subscribers for today and yesterday. Therefore I made it show two days in the past.

2. Sergey Zelikov says:

Allan,

I solve the error by loading php_openssl extension.

Thanks.

3. Laura says:

Hello, I’m getting an error message as well. I read in the comments that you need to active awareness API, but I’m not sure how to do that. This is my feed url: http://feeds.feedburner.com/positiveattitudequotes/OqQz not sure why I have a /0qQz at the end? But that’s what I get when I click my feed link. How do I get the stats to work please! Thanks,
    Laura

4. Allan Collins says:

@Laura – When you login to to Feedburner/Google, click on the “Publicize” tab. Then on the left side under Services, click on Awareness API. Then click the Activate button.

5. Don says:

Great plugin!
    Is there any way to separate the subscribers out like at the FB site and show how they are broken down…like the pie chart at FB or a simple list. I am really interested in email subscriber counts.
    Let me know and thanks for a great plugin!

6. Don says:

Hi,
    Feedburner occasionally sends zero as the subscriber count. I obviously don’t want to display that on my blog. So can you tell me how to edit the plugin code so that in the case of feedburner sending zero, my count is the same as yesterday?

Thanks so much!
    Please email me when you’ve replied. I would greatly appreciate it 🙂